We want to be really straight with you about this value range of guitars - if you are expecting to receive a highly polished, beautifully finished guitar then you will be disappointed. These cigar box guitars are true to their origins as "folk" instruments, they have a "rustic', rough, unsophisticated feel and in order to keep the price as low as possible we do not spend lots of time on the finish.
Way back when people were making the first cigar box guitars they were quite literally a stick and a box with any wire that was available used for strings. We may have moved on a bit from those early days but this guitar is true to the original concept of "A Stick and a Box".
The OddBox "Old School" Guitar
- Our basic model and an ideal instrument for beginners.
- A classic 3 string cigar box guitar made with dark stained neck and a genuine Havana cigar box body.
- Simple and easy to play - its a slide guitar so there are no frets but we do provide a template for you to mark the fret positions.
- Comes with 3 Strings 42, 32 & 24 gauge, tune to GDG.
- Sounds great as a straight accoustic and is also fitted with a piezo pickup and a standard 1/4 inch jack socket so you can plug in to your amp and play away if you like it loud.